It it amazing how synchronicities work their way into our lives.
I was pulled to go to a psychic reading at this bookstore that I heard about on Saturday, when I wandered into a little store with some air plants and crystals, thinking they might have palo santo. They didn’t, the nice clerk told me, but she suggested I check out a bookstore called East West, in a neighborhood that is somewhat close by but that I never get to for some reason.
I looked up their hours and found their website, which had a calendar of events page, and that is how I came to find they have some kind of spirituality related events nearly every day of the week. The “Psychic Monday” sessions jumped out at me, as I’ve been thinking of having a reading done. I meditate and journal and generally know how to receive messages from my higher self, but I’ve been feeling like a need a second opinion, so to speak. To hear an objective voice.
The two readers, Lindsey and Andrew, were light and vibrant and playful. My phone broke while I was walking in and I’ll admit that I was worried about how I’m going to fix it and I was carrying that with me when I walked in. I did not know what to expect, I have never done anything like this before today. I was a little skeptical but I chose to just be open to whatever was about to happen. They started off by saying they would only bring forth what was brought to them out of love, which I appreciated, and then started going around the room answering people’s questions. There was communication with loved ones from the other side, and the bringing up of memories from the past as well as visions for the future.
Here are some of the helpful insights and advice they gave to the group:
1. First off, they said that March-May of this year is going to bring about massive transformation for everyone in at least one way. To relax, have fun, and roll with these changes is the way to approach this. Letting things change and seeing where that change takes us will have great benefits. Remember, all change is ultimately for our highest and greatest good.
2. Pay attention to the “breadcrumbs”. We are not given the whole treasure map at once. Time is a construct and thus, we are making the map as we go. There is no “right” or “wrong” choice, only what we choose. If we choose what is in alignment with our beliefs, values, and goals and it feels right, that is all we need to know. When we take a step, the next step appears, but we have to trust and take the step we see, first.
3. We often get so caught up focusing on specific things that we want in our life, instead of simply focusing on how we want to feel. If we imagine how we want to feel, and visualize ourselves feeling that way, all of the details will work themselves out. They’ve already been taken care of, in truth, we just need to allow them to come in, and we can’t do that if we’re continually pushing the solutions away by having a specific idea of how they’re supposed to look.
4. Whatever our dreams are, whatever the vision for how we want our life to go, what the universe or God or the divine in whatever name you call it has planned for us is so much greater, more expansive and farther reaching than anything we can fathom or dream up for ourselves. We just need to trust, have faith, follow the breadcrumbs, and not take it so seriously!
5. PLAY. We are here for a short time and nothing is worth doing if we are not doing it with a joyful attitude and a grateful heart. Play is the answer to feeling stuck, lost, confused, downtrodden, heartbroken, or any of the other variety of valleys we inevitably encounter in this life. Play is so important and it always can and must find its way into our schedules – the busier we are, the more we need it. Play costs nothing and can be as simple as a walk in nature, playing with a pet or a child, painting, drawing, coloring. The psychics talked specifically about connection to music and dance as well and there is something about the rhythmic movements involved in dance to certain beats that wake up our spirits and fill us up with bliss. (Keep dancing!)
6. Our loved ones, “spirit guides”, are always available to us whenever we call upon them. They can help us navigate times when we are in need of comfort. They can act on our behalf in situations where we feel we are in over our head. They are our advocates, our cheerleaders, and they push us towards growth. They want to see us achieve our full potential and be the best that we can be. They can dish out tough love as often as they can be joking and playful. All in all, we are encouraged to follow our dreams, because hey it’s only life, and death isn’t scary like we make it out to be (something that has been coming to the forefront of my dreams lately).
My question was about listening for messages and interpreting them, trusting the guidance that we are given.
Andrew basically reminded me to stay open to any and all ideas. That especially when it comes to my writing I tend to be a little ADD (true) and I can learn to use that energy to channel it into multiple projects and ideas. Not all of them will work out, not all of them are meant to. Not all of them will be “well received” but still to put them out there. Basically just to have fun with it and not worry so much about the outcome, about it being perfect, about people liking it or liking me.
He also mentioned that there’s a story I keep repeating to myself. One told to me when I was a young child about my worthiness, or lack thereof. How a lot of pressure was placed on me to be something that I was not and how I was teased by children and generally not understood by authority figures (also true). This brought up some painful emotions in me and also in Andrew. I don’t know how he could have known that and I can’t explain it, other than to say that we really can look into other people’s souls when we’re really paying attention. A reminder that it’s time to let the old stories go so that I can truly believe in myself.
Then as if I needed more proof that these messages were meant for me, he quoted something I happened to also have posted on my Instagram a week ago: “When you are born into a world you don’t fit in, it’s because you were born to help create a new one”.
Cue all the warm fuzzy feelings in my heart.
Lindsey took it a step further and said that she was also getting messages about me traveling. I smiled. I hadn’t mentioned anything about traveling but she could feel that I’ve been feeling the need. She said she sees me doing traveling and doing humanitarian work. That I’m not someone seeking recognition but that I truly want to help people and the planet. This is true, and to hear someone else say they saw this in me, cue heart melting.
It’s nice to hear reflected back what we already know in our hearts. A kind of confirmation on our affirmations. Everyone in the group seemed to get something out of it. The energy was comforting and healing.
Even though I went into it not knowing what to expect, I went into it, and I’m glad that I did. What I’m taking away is confirmation of what I already knew in my heart as well as some new insightful tips to get me back on track in places I have been doubting myself unnecessarily.
My phone still broken, I’ll deal with it tomorrow. I had a choice when that happened to take it in then and possibly miss the session, or wait until tomorrow, knowing the phone repair shop would be closed by the time I got done and I’d have to go a whole day without my phone. (End of the world… I know.. )
I would encourage anyone thinking about getting a psychic reading to do it. If you’re thinking about doing anything out of love, I would encourage you to do it. Curiosity is our greatest ally. We may just surprise ourselves, it may be the extra push of motivation we need.
In shamanic cultures, sychronicities are recognized as signs that you are on the right path.
Or as Andrew stated, “If you’re alive, then you’re on your path.”
If you’re alive, it’s not too late. Have a little patience, make room for play, and above all else, LOVE.